Applying To The Graduate Program in Dance
Graduate Application Deadline: January 10, 2021
Zoom interview with the faculty: February 5, 2021
Applicants for admission to the M.F.A. in Dance must meet the general requirements for admission to graduate studies and hold a B.A. or B.F.A. in Dance or the equivalent. A minimum undergraduate grade point average of at least a B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) is required. Admission to the Dance MFA is for Fall quarter only.
Apply online at UCI Office of Graduate Studies by January 10th. All documents, including transcripts and letters of reference, must be received by January 10th. The Department of Dance requires additional materials for admission to the graduate program. Download the Dance Graduate Application Packet. This packet includes the Teaching Assistant Application Form as well as requirements for the audition, which is being held remotely this year due the corona virus pandemic. Submit the Teaching Assistant Application form directly to the Dance Department. If you have questions contact the Dance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 824-7283.
In addition to the online application, applicants for admission to the Dance graduate program must complete the following:
- An interview with the faculty and an audition in dance technique and choreography are required. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the interview and audition will be held remotely this year.
- The technique and choreography audition will be by video. The Graduate Application Packet includes the specific requirements and procedures for the technique and choreography video audition.
- On February 5, 2021, each applicant will have an individual interview with the faculty over Zoom; applicants should hold that date open. Complete and submit the Audition Reservation Form by January 10th. Applicants will be informed of the time of their interview.
- All applicants must complete the Teaching Assistant Application Form contained within the Dance Graduate Admission Packet.
- International applicants should consult the Important Information for International Applicants to the MFA in Dance. This explains the English Language Proficiency requirements in order to be considered for admission to UCI. To be considered for Fellowships and Teaching Assistantships, candidates must meet the January 10th application deadline.