M.F.A. Student Learning Outcomes
Student Learning Outcomes for M.F.A. in Dance
- Recognize and perform the vocabulary of several dance genres.
- Apply the principles of dance choreography to their own creative process, and develop an understanding of technology as it relates to choreography.
- Demonstrate an understanding of music notation and the principles of Movement Studies.
- Apply the science of human kinesiology to dance.
- Recognize major figures in the history of dance, classify different dance genres, and distinguish between historical eras of dance.
- Write about dance, describing, interpreting, evaluating and contextualizing dance performance and practice. Develop and express a critical analysis of current dance topics.